Saturday, 29 November 2014

Safari Monkeys Blanket


My newest completed project is a safari themed baby blanket. It's made from two layers of flannel, and loosely quilted with a boxy design. The front is entirely made of the cute blue animal print that you see above, and the back is pieced from two Riley Blake Snips & Snails prints. I probably didn't actually need this fabric in both colours, but I couldn't resist tiny monkeys. Tiny monkeys! So how many tiny monkeys actually make up this blanket? This many:


I also put together a quick baby wipes holder to accompany the blanket, similar to this one from a few years ago, but without the cream compartment. (Couldn't find a travel-sized tin of diaper cream anywhere.) Instead, I made the pouch a tiny bit bigger to fit a diaper or disposable changing pad.

The safari monkeys blanket is currently on the way to its new home, where I hope it can provide lots of warm snuggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment